How do I jailbreak my device?
There are several different ways to jailbreak your device. Which way works for you depends on the following:
- What device you have (iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch 3G, iPad, iPad 2, etc.)
- Some devices (for example the iPhone 3GS) have two different bootroms, depending on when they were produced. For these you need to know what bootrom version you have.
- What version of the firmware is currently installed.
- What version of the firmware you want to install.
- What versions of SHSH backups you have. To find this out, run the TinyUmbrella tool.
- If you need to unlock or not.
- If you need to unlock, the currently installed baseband version is important. This is important, because if you have a currently unlockable baseband, you must make sure not to update it.
- What status your device is in. Is it normally running or is it blocked at the Apple logo or USB logo and you need to restore before continuing. If you are in such a status, it is difficult to find out the other questions. In this case you have to remember what you have done previously.
Try to find out as much answers to these questions as possible before continuing.
last edit: 2011-07-03
Most frequently read after this
Most read articles overall
Recently added or changed
| ||iPhone||iPod touch||iPod||iPad|
| ||Apple TV 2G||jailbreak||unlock||iOS 4.2.1|
| ||Jailbreak FAQ||Jailbreak F.A.Q.||iPhone 3G||Apple|
| ||mobile phone||firmware||iPhone 4||iPhone 3GS|