How do I jailbreak iPhone 4 with iOS 4.2.1
- Run TinyUmbrella tool and save all SHSHs.
- If you have baseband 1.59.00, you need to protect it from getting updated. Run TSS server (in TinyUmbrella).
- Restore 4.2.1 normally in iTunes.
- iTunes will stop with error 1013 or 1015. This means the baseband was not updated and is desired.
- Download and install the latest greenpois0n.
- Put your device into DFU mode and run greenpois0n.
- Activate your iPhone in iTunes with an original SIM card.
- Restore data and sync in iTunes if desired.
- Install Cydia with the new Loader on your Springboard or, if it doesn't work, with redsn0w.
last edit: 2011-02-07
Most frequently read after this
Most read articles overall
Recently added or changed
| ||iPhone||iPod touch||iPod||iPad|
| ||Apple TV 2G||jailbreak||unlock||iOS 4.2.1|
| ||Jailbreak FAQ||Jailbreak F.A.Q.||iPhone 3G||Apple|
| ||mobile phone||firmware||iPhone 4||iPhone 3GS|