How do I downgrade the firmware?
- Run TinyUmbrella (newest version) with your device connected. Go to Advanced tab and unselect "Request SHSH From Cydia". Select your device on the left side, click on the Log tab and click "Save SHSH". Wait for completion.
- Close and restart TinyUmbrella. Go to Advanced tab and select "Request SHSH From Cydia". Select your device on the left side, click on the Log tab and click "Save SHSH". Wait for completion.
- Select your device on the left side in TinyUmbrella and click on the General tab. The versions listed there are the versions you can install. Make sure the version of the firmware you want to install is listed. If your desired version is not listed, then there is no way you can install that version.
- Click "Start TSS Server" and click on Log tab. Leave that running until you are completely finished with the last step.
- Download the firmware version you want to install. Make sure file extension is ipsw and not zip or rar.
- Open iTunes (latest version)
- Hold Shift key (for PC) and click on Restore button
- Select the firmware to downgrade you downloaded before.
- Wait for completion. If you get error 1013 or 1015, start TinyUmbrella and click Exit Recovery button. If you get error 3194, iTunes didn't find the SHSH file necessary.
For old devices (iPhone 3G or iPod touch 2G), you don't need SHSH to downgrade.
last edit: 2011-07-25
Most frequently read after this
Most read articles overall
Recently added or changed
| ||iPhone||iPod touch||iPod||iPad|
| ||Apple TV 2G||jailbreak||unlock||iOS 4.2.1|
| ||Jailbreak FAQ||Jailbreak F.A.Q.||iPhone 3G||Apple|
| ||mobile phone||firmware||iPhone 4||iPhone 3GS|